Monday, March 7, 2011

Ezekiel James Smith

Well, by now most everyone is aware that Clay and I have a new addition in our family.  On February 11, 2011, Ezekiel (Zeke) James Smith was born.  It has been an unreal 3 weeks to say the least and all I have to say is God is so GOOD!

I will never forget Tuesday, February 15th, for as long as I live.   I received a call from our agency at school.  They informed me that we had been picked and Clay and I needed to get together for a conference call with the agency asap. I was so overwhelmed and excited that I could hardly breathe.  I called Clay immediately, and he came straight to my classroom.  My poor students!  I know they knew something was going on, but didn't know what.  My wonderful co teachers split my classroom and Clay and I had our conference call with our agency right there in my classroom. 

Long story short, 24 hours later, Clay and I left the hospital with a beautiful baby boy.  Zeke is just perfect.  Everyone even thinks he looks like Clay!  We are so blessed, humbled, and thrilled to be chosen as Zeke's parents.  God's timing truely is perfect. We just can't get enough of him!  Time is already flying by.  On Friday my sweet baby will be one month old. 

We just want to thank everyone for their endless prayers and support through this whole journey.  The great thing is that now our real journey is just beginning.  We also want to thank all our friends in Midland for EVERYTHING you have done for us.  From bringing us two weeks of meals, to our beautiful shower that you gave us.  We are so thankful for your friendship.  I guess we should probably change the title of this blog from Operation Baby to something else... :0)


Zeke's 1st picture at the hospital

Loving on our sweet boy the day we met him
Bath time with Daddy

Hanging out with Max
Mommy and Zeke before our Shower
 

No comments:

Post a Comment