Sunday, November 14, 2010

Joyful in Hope

First of all, a big give thank you to everyone who has been praying for us.  We greatly appreciate it and feel your love and prayers.  Please keep them coming!  :) 

I've had a lot of people ask me how we are REALLY doing and if we have heard more news from the adoption agency.  Well, I am glad to say that we are doing fine.  We have had our ups and downs in the last month, but we believe with all our hearts that God's plan IS perfect and that baby must not have been the baby for us.  I have learned a lot from this little hiccup in our journey to being parents.  I've learned that there are more people than we even know that love us and are praying with us on this "baby operation".  I've learned that I am blessed beyond measure with a wonderful husband who is there to let me cry, laugh, and be frustrated all in one day.  Even the day that we found out that we were not going to be adopting that baby boy, Clay could still make me laugh and remember how blessed I am.  This process has helped me see that Clay and I can get through hard times if we trust in God and in each other. 

Several people tell us that when we do get the baby that was meant for us, everything else that has happened along the way will make since.  It is hard to see that far ahead right now, but we trust that God has a plan for us and that He knows what is best for us even when we don't. 

The only news from our agency is that when we were initially picked, our file was put on "hold" and other birth moms could not choose us.  When the birth mom changed her mind and decided to parent her baby, our file was immediately put back on the list for choosing.  So we are simply waiting to be chosen again. 

One of my favorite verses right now is Romans 12:12 "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."  We have hope that we will be chosen again and that God will bring us the baby that we need and needs us.  :0)

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful verse! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite verses and has helped me through so much! Love y'all and continued prayers daily!!

    ReplyDelete